JOB TITLE: Per Diem Care Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Date: May 2018
The Per Diem Care Manager brings recent experience as an ASAP Care or Case Manager to provide full case management support as the need arises within the agency. The Per Diem Care Manager is responsible for assisting the Client Services team in coordinating the delivery of care to consumers by conducting home visits, determining program eligibility, assessing consumer needs, developing service plans, and maintaining consumer records.
- Conducts functional assessments and reassessments of assigned elderly consumers living in the community, in accordance with state regulations.
- Develops service plans in conjunction with the consumer, contacts (family members, physician, visiting nurses, etc.), and supervisor, and monitors plan to ensure consumer benefit and avoid unnecessary service duplication.
- Implements service plan by arranging services through contracted vendor agencies and other referral resources.
- Monitors needs and service plan on an ongoing basis through telephone calls, visits, and case conferences.
- Maintains information related to each case in accordance with EOEA documentation standards including:
- Conducts regular assessments of consumers’ functional and financial eligibility for home care services to determine and support the service plan, and monitors and documents updates as needed in the consumer record and SIMS.
- Assesses consumers for risk issues or abuse and follows proper protocols for reporting.
- Participates in Staff Development including:
- Meets with supervisor on weekly basis to review cases, strategize, and maintain ongoing support.
- Keeps current with all agency and EOEA policy information via written memoranda and attendance at agency trainings and staff meetings.
- Updates knowledge pertaining to gerontology and services for elders through outside and in-service trainings, courses, workshops, etc.
- Maintains communication and coordination of services with local community partners such as Council on Aging staff and others through a variety of means.
Accountability : Demonstrates and communicates a high level of responsibility for and commitment to achieving results.
Customer Service Orientation: Learns internal/external customer/consumer needs and how best to meet them. Responds to requests in a timely and thorough manner; does what is necessary to ensure consumer satisfaction; prioritizes consumer needs.
Communication Skills: Listens, speaks, and writes clearly and concisely; ensures all involved are kept informed about developments and plans; shares ideas and information with others who might find them useful; keeps supervisor informed about progress and problems.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Recognizes and accurately evaluates the signs of a problem and utilizes available resources to resolve; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner.
Teamwork and Cooperation: Demonstrates willingness to work with others toward a common goal as opposed to working in competition with others.
Time Management: Organizes and schedules people and tasks demonstrating the ability to balance requisite number of home visits per month with maintenance of notes; regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in a social services, social work, psychology, or human services related field and at least one year of ASAP case management experience is required.
- Experience utilizing MS Office including Word and Outlook for email and calendaring.
- Experience utilizing SIM database.
- A reliable car is required, as well as a valid driver’s license and car insurance.