Pursuant to Sections 2.10 and 2.11 of the Northbridge Personnel Policy, the above position vacancy is hereby being posted.
The Northbridge Senior Center is now accepting applications for a part-time Bus Driver to transport senior citizens to various locations within the Town of Northbridge. Position is up to 17.5 hours per week. Requirements: Must have a valid Massachusetts Class D Driver’s License and must pass a CORI (background check). Applications are available by calling 508-234-2002 and should be submitted to Kelly Bol, Senior Center Director, Northbridge Senior Center, 20 Highland Street, Whitinsville, MA no later than Friday, May 17, 2019 at NOON.
Town of Northbridge is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
TOWN OF NORTHBRIDGE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Part Time Bus Driver
DEPARTMENT: Council on Aging
REPORTS TO: Senior Center Director
To drive the Senior Center Bus in order to provide transportation services to seniors and handicapped citizens of the Town of Northbridge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to the transportation policy of the Northbridge Council on Aging
- Keep daily records of passenger units, mileage, and gasoline use and submit to the Director monthly.
- Perform routine inspections of the vehicles by completing mandatory checklists ie: 3,000 & 12,000 Mile Programs and Lift Maintenance Programs, and Daily Checklist
- Report deficiencies/problems to Director and schedule necessary repairs.
- Schedule preventive maintenance as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicles.
- Collect fees and submit to Director.
- Assist passengers as needed
- Assist with packages as needed
- Observe disembarking passengers until they are safely on their way.
- Observe physical changes of passengers and report concerns to Director.
- Utilize mobile communication systems
- Inspect, lock, and secure vehicle at end of each day
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Director.
- Valid Massachusetts Class D Driver’s License
- Excellent driving record as verified with local Police Department
- Must complete mandated trainings as required by state including CPR, First Aid, Wheelchair Securement, Defensive Driving, ADA Transport, & Passenger Assistance
- Courteous and sensitive to needs of elders
- Knowledge of existing Senior Center services helpful
- Knowledge of streets/road/community facilities
- Ability to understand and follow oral/written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and supervisor
- CORI Check Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, ascend/descend stairs, crouch, stoop, and sit. Uses hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; reaches with hands and arms as in picking up bundles. Bends and stretches to reach low and high. Required to lift bags/bundles weighing up to 30 pounds and to carry a reasonable quantity of materials from place to place. Vision and hearing at or correctable to normal ranges.
Up to 17.5 hours per week pending budget
Based on Town’s Classification Plan
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)