JOB TITLE: Temporary Online Auction Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Marking & Development and Marketing Associate
HOURS/SCHEDULE: 10 hours per week (work must take place on Monday, Wednesday and/or Thursday
DURATION: Mid-June – Mid-December 2019
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Development and working closely with the Marketing Associate, the Online Auction Assistant plays an important role in making our annual online auction a success.
- Solicit items for Online Holiday Auction from both local businesses and large national companies. Work from database of existing donors and research and solicit new donors.
- Collect and organize items for the auction as they are donated and input these items into a Content Management System (auction database) with creative description.
- Take and post photos, company logos, as available.
- Track donations, send acknowledgments, complete donor-requested reporting, as applicable
- Assist with event promotion
Effective communication and Interpersonal Skills: able to identify and persuasively communicate with potential donors by phone, email and in face-to-face interactions.
Goal Setting & Planning: With manager, sets specific, measurable goals that are realistic but challenging; clarifies expectations about what will be done and how; promptly notifies manager about any problems that affect ability to accomplish goals.
Quality of Work: Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines; detail-oriented with strong proofreading skills; regularly produces accurate, thorough, professional work.
- Strong Internet research skills and attention to detail
- Prior fundraising or telephone sales including cold calling preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Content Management Systems
- Experienced with databases
- A reliable car is required, as well as a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
Go to our website at: https://www.minutemansenior.org/join-our-team/employment