Community Resource and Referral Specialists are the “face of the agency”, often serving as people’s first point of contact with Springwell. Resource Specialists work with consumers over the phone, via email, and in person at the Springwell office; they are excellent, non-judgmental listeners, who strive to provide excellent customer service. The Specialists are able to build rapport with both non-professional and professional callers, assess needs, and make appropriate referrals to internal Springwell programs and to external agencies. The team researches community resources and updates informational materials which are utilized by both consumers and Springwell staff. They are also responsible for maintaining records in an internal resource database, and creating consumer records in the state’s electronic database.
- Bachelor’s degree and previous social service experience preferably with older adults, individuals with disabilities and/or providing customer/consumer support
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to learn and navigate internal computer systems
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with co-workers, adapt to changes and problem-solve.
Springwell is a private, non-profit organization that has been creating, managing, and coordinating a wide range of services for more than 40 years. Originally founded in 1977 as West Suburban Elder Services, we updated our name to Springwell in 2002 in order to reflect our commitment to serving the broader needs of our communities’ seniors, people with disabilities, and caregivers.
Our mission is to provide comprehensive services to seniors, individuals with disabilities and those who provide care, guided by a commitment to an individual’s right to live independently in the community. This mission is a reflection of Springwell’s core commitment to the dignity and self-determination of those who we serve.
We serve all seniors, individuals with disabilities and their families regardless of financial situation or level of need. Our reputation for excellence is why more than 11,000 individuals and families turn to us each year for support.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- 4-day work week option for many positions
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within