Dementia Friendly Massachusetts (DFM) is an initiative of the Massachusetts Councils on Aging and a member of Dementia Friendly America. The state-wide grassroots movement, generously supported by the Tufts Health Plan Foundation, is comprised of organizations, individuals, and municipalities growing dementia-friendly communities. The goal of DFM is to increase the number of municipalities around the Commonwealth that commit to supporting those living with dementia, their families, and care partners.
The DFM Program Director is currently seeking an assistant to support the work of the ever-expanding movement. The 20 hours a week position will be a part-time employee of the Massachusetts Council on Aging that includes vacation/sick time, holidays, and a non-contributory 403-B plan. This is a one-year grant-funded position that can be performed from a remote location.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- maintain the electronic tracking system for MA Dementia Friendly Communities
- handle requests for information and data requests regarding the DFM initiative
- prepare and modify documents including reports, documents, and emails
- schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements
- maintain an appropriate supply of written materials for distribution at DFM meetings
- assist in maintaining content on the DFM website dfmassachusetts.org
Education and Experience
- solid computer skills and knowledge of relevant software (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- knowledge or experience of providing administrative support remotely
- preferred understanding of the aging services network
- excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- strength in planning and organizing
- attention to detail and accuracy
- GREAT sense of humor
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. MCOA is an EEOC employer.