- Work in collaboration with Protective Services, Cambridge Police Department, Somerville-Cambridge Elder Services, the Cambridge Council on Aging and other community partners in planning wrap-around support for victims of Elder Abuse.
- Consult providers around elder abuse including creative problem solving and appropriate intervention, while empowering elder individuals to make decisions on their own behalf to decide on their path and their actions.
- Attend community meetings including the Cambridge Elder Abuse Coalition.
- In collaboration with other Transition House staff, train community organizations and providers on detecting elder abuse, bullying, and assisting victims of domestic violence in later life.
- Provide trauma-informed advocacy, intervention, and support for victims of elder abuse in Cambridge.
- Provide counseling to individuals struggling with elder abuse based upon an assessment of their needs, values, and goals.
- Develop support groups and activities that provide support for victims of elder abuse in a variety of settings and cultural groups.
- Guide victims of elder abuse through the criminal justice process; accompany them to court proceedings as needed.
- Assist elders seeking advocacy and assistance with agencies such as the Cambridge Housing Authority in applying for emergency housing and other housing related issues related to domestic violence and elder abuse.