Activities Coordinator, Beverly Council on Aging & Senior Community Center
We are seeking candidates for the full-time (35hrs./wk.) position of Activities Coordinator.
The Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the daily, weekly, monthly and annual recreation and leisure time activities for our busy and active senior community center for independent older adults. The successful candidate must be a hands-on leader with desire and ability to set up for events, and to work closely with building manager, volunteer coordinator, front desk clerk and community groups. Must possess strong follow-through and attention to detail in order to be successful in this position. Must be able to learn how to utilize “My Senior Center” software for program registration, data entry and statistics. Essential qualifications include:
- Ability to plan and organize leisure time activities for older adults, based on the dimensions of wellness model.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to proactively book speakers, entertainers and sponsors for events.
- Maintain positive working relationships with staff members, older adult consumers, and vendors.
- Advanced proficiency on software applications and ability to maintain a Facebook page.
- Liaison to the “My Senior Center” software firm for troubleshooting and new features.
- Previous event or activity planning experience in a comparable community organization.
- Affinity for working with older adults and able to assess and address their needs and interests.
- Demonstrated creativity in developing new program ideas and preparing advertisements and flyers and announcements to encourage participation.
- Enthusiasm, and outstanding interpersonal and multi-tasking skills required.
- Implement two major annual events – Senior Day in the Park and the Senior Soiree.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary for 35 hour work week is Grade 10, Step 1-5 range – $40,348 – $46,790
Health insurance, retirement, vacation, sick, personal days offered.
How to Apply:
Cover letter and resume to be submitted to email@example.com
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.