The Meals on Wheels (MOW) program delivers a hot lunch to homebound, vulnerable seniors who are unable to provide good nutrition for themselves. Utilizing mobile APP technology, the Change of Condition Report Project (COCR) is intended to leverage our existing Meals on Wheels Program Structure to provide an expanded and more standardized intervention for MOW consumers. We will train our volunteer MOW drivers (who provide social interaction and safety checks to isolated consumers) to use a specialized mobile phone APP. This will enable us to more quickly and efficiently identify potential health problems or worsening symptoms among some of our most vulnerable community members.
Reporting to the Director of Nutrition, the COCR Training Lead will map out learning and development plans for the participants of this project, monitor and analyze the progress of the project and suggest additional training as needed.
Monday – Friday, 9:30 – 11:30*
*Additional administrative time before 9:30 or after 11:30 may be needed, especially at the beginning of the project. We anticipate that total weekly hours will range between 10 – 15.
LENGTH OF PROJECT:
We anticipate that this project will last 12 -18 months in order to develop training materials and deliver the training to all our volunteer MOW drivers.
- Organize, develop or source training materials and presentations to meet specific needs.
- Map out training needs for individual participants as needed.
- Present training using recognized training techniques and tools.
- Develop training aids such as manuals and guides.
- Track and report on training outcomes.
- Provide feedback to program participants and management.
- Maintain training records.
- Handle logistics for training activities including venues and equipment.
- Coordinate off-site training activities.
Most of the time will be spent at one or more of our 12 dining sites where the training will take place. Therefore, the Lead COCR Trainer will travel by car and is exposed to changing weather and seasonal conditions. May do ride-along with one or more MOW drivers. This role regularly requires the use of a computer, telephone and other standard office equipment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. when carrying and delivering training supplies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Nutrition, Social Work, Public Health, Community Health, Gerontology, or Human Services.
- Must have some relevant experience training and making presentations.
- Experience gathering and analyzing data.
- Candidate should be a dependable self-starter with excellent writing and analytic abilities. Strong project management skills required.
Apply via our website, https://www.minutemansenior.org/join-our-team/employment