The Town of West Brookfield is accepting applications for the position of Director of the Senior Center.
The ability to work with senior citizens and have a caring attitude is a must. The director position requires administrative, management and supervisory skills. Essential job functions include hiring, evaluations, payroll, budget, grant writing, volunteer recruitment and supervision, outreach services, collaborator/liaison with many different boards and agencies. The director coordinates schedules and activities to ensure the smooth operation of the overall program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five year’s work experience with elders, including background in management, operations, budget administration
- Knowledge of state and local laws, practices and regulations regarding human service (elder) programs
- Grant writing experience preferred
- Knowledge regarding elder needs and resources
- Proven track record of building solid relationships with individuals and community groups
- Strong advocate for elders
- Computer skills
This is a 30 hour a week position with benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Board of Selectmen, PO Box 372, West Brookfield, MA 01585. Applicant materials will be reviewed beginning October 15, 2019.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change based on Town needs and requirements of the position.