The Town of Boylston is accepting applications for the position of Council on Aging (COA) Coordinator/Outreach Worker. The ability to work with senior citizens and possess a caring attitude is essential. The candidate must possess administrative, managerial/ supervisory skills. Essential job functions include responsibility for hiring, payroll, budget, grant writing, bimonthly newsletter, recruitment and supervision of program volunteers, outreach services, annual reports, and serving as collaborator/liaison to a variety of boards and agencies. This position coordinates activities and COA van schedules to ensure the smooth operation of the overall program. Additionally, the position conducts in-home assessments and provides referrals to community resources and services.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent work experience; MSW/LICSW preferred but not required
- Minimum of three year’s work experience with elders, including background in management, operations, budget administration
- Knowledge of state and local laws, practices and regulations regarding human service (elder) programs
- Knowledge regarding elder needs and resources
- Proven track record of building solid relationships with individuals and community groups
- Strong advocate for elders
- Computer skills
This is currently a 24 hour per week position with benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to Jeff Vander Baan, 221 Main St, Boylston, MA 01505 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 17, 2020.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change based on Town needs and requirements of the position.