- MCOA has updated the Coronavirus webpages, including FAQs and Resources. Please check this page regularly for daily updates. https://mcoaonline.com/coronavirus/
- EOEA Released its latest guidance Interim Actions for Nutrition Program during COVID19 Emergency on 3-24-20 and you can read it here: https://mcoaonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Interim-Actions-for-Nutrition-Program-COVID19-March-24th-2020.pdf
- MCOA is developing regional teleconference calls for the network, this platform will allow the COA’s to network, discuss issues/concerns, specific topics, share ideas and support one another. MCOA anticipates the regional teleconference calls will begin the week of March 30th.
- Weekly Calls with EOEA will continue, please see the https://mcoaonline.com/coronavirus/ page for further details and how you can register. **IMPORTANT- PLEASE NOTE**- During these calls, EOEA will provide updates and can only answer questions that are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the Wednesday before the Thursday call. To participate you must register here: https://fs16.formsite.com/mcoa/denm29wequ/index.html You will receive an email confirmation with the call-in number and log-in details. The call in-number and access code will provide you access to ALL the weekly calls going forward. Please be sure to add that information to your Calendar for every Thursday at 2 pm.
- MCOA continues to monitor the Operational Statuses of COA’s. If you have not yet reported your center’s Operational Status, please do so as soon as you are able. Your response is crucial for statewide planning purposes. If your center’s status changes, please update your response. The link to report your COA’s status is: https://mcoaonline.com/coronavirus/coa-status/
- NCOA is conducting a Tele-Town Hall: Caring for Older Adults During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic, March 27 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST.
- Join by telephone: 1-888-475-4499, event passcode: 423 660 186
- This is a dial-in event only; no registration or video/internet access is required.
- “This tele-town hall will focus on galvanizing efforts with our partners to provide information, resources, and guidance on COVID-19. The coronavirus pandemic has caused a severe vulnerability for aging populations and people with chronic conditions who are most at risk of health complications during this critical time. Additionally, misinformation and misunderstanding of how to care for these individuals in our community are on the rise. There is a critical need to fill in the gaps of communication in aging communities on COVID-19 and provide both accurate guidance and approaches to protect our most vulnerable and diverse communities. As our government, corporate, and community leaders work to create bold solutions, it is imperative that the impact on aging populations is top of mind and their needs are a part of informing those solutions. We’re committed to working with our amazing partner organizations to reach a broader audience and getting the word out. Speakers: Anna Maria Chavez, Executive VP & Chief Growth Officer, National Council on Aging, Sandy Markwood, CEO, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a), Ellie Hollander, President and CEO, Meals on Wheels of America, Sindy Benavides, CEO, League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), Jenna McDavid, National Director, Diverse Elders Coalition, Michael Soto, Executive Director, Equality Arizona.”
Please continue to let us know how we can support you in your work.
Stay safe and be well.
The MCOA Team