I’ve been online looking for information to support our low vision and hearing impaired during this corona crisis. Below is some info I found helpful.
1) Great Online Support Groups for Vision Impaired experiencing isolation during this coronavirus closures:
2) Support for hearing impaired: HLAA tips for hearing impaired re: coronavirus:
3) Print out for Hearing Impaired Seniors for Medical Visits:
4) FYI – CaptionCall Inc.,(captioned phones) – has waived the required medical/Dr certification and seniors wanting a CaptionCall phone can now self-certify online (see separate email I will forward to you – or – use the attached Ad I created for our FB page).
5) Seniors with Alexa or Echo Dot can ask Alexa to read “Talking Information Center Radio” or click “Listen Now” from their website: https://ticnetwork.org
From Maggie Gundersen