I just wanted to share this good news – and fun too!
We have been able to provide for the Town of Wilmington elder residents the following:
· March 17 – delivered 97 Gift Bags (toilet paper, candy, puzzle book) a special Patrick’s Day messages. to call if they should need anything
· March 25 – delivered 70 plants to the elders a t Deming Way Housing – again to remind them we are here and if they should need our help Donated by local business)
· March 20, April 10 – delivered 56 tulips to elder residents – to again say we are here if you should need us – Happy Spring
· March – thru now – 365 and continuing” Happiness” card campaign – cards made by 4th and 5th a grade students and local residents to spread a bit of cheer –
· March 28 – “Breakfast Sandwich” delivered to 65 elders – again to reach out trying to connect with more elders in community
· April 14 – Special Homebound Meal -90 elders received chicken breast, beans and mash potatoes – sponsored by the Wilmington Rotary
· April 22 – 65 munchkin boxes delivered to elders of Deming Way Housing “Donut forget to have a great Day” – sponsored by the local Dunkin Donuts
· May 1 – 85 gift bag – toilet paper, apple juice and Nutra grain bar – “Happy May Day”
· May 6 – 25 bag lunches delivered to elders in community – donated from local caterer –
· May 8 – Delivered 52 bags of milk, chocolate cookies, toilet paper and puzzle book – “Just Like Milk and Cookies – We are Better Together”
· May 11th week – Delivered 32 Frozen Food (ground turkey, frozen vegetables and Lentil Soup)
· May 12th – Flowers (roses) delivered to 12 Business, organizations and residents that have been supportive to us
· May 22nd – “American Chop Suey” – 80 Homemade by our Wilmington Fire Department – Our first “Grab and Go”
· May 29 – Grab and Go – 35 Boxed Food of fresh carrots, potatoes, apples, rice, and pasta – donated by Encore
· June 11 – Plan to have our Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon this year as a “Grab and Go” – 85 catered lunch with “Nothing Bundt Cakes” as their special Dessert
We have tried to have something every week – to ensure that the elders know that they are not alone and to help the staff also feel connect to the elders. Over the course of our daily outreach calls , we have reached over 285 elders, several calls to each a week. (outreach continues to be made.
We have also been able to provide – 65 home delivered meals daily (Monday thru Friday) – 4 person staff since March 12, 2020. Including regular business calls and outreach that is needed.
I am very fortunate to have a small but strong 4 person staff that has help support all the above. Our motto is #BetterTogether – and that has been proven over and over again the past few weeks.