Collaborative Outreach Coordinator is sought to join the passionate and progressive Council on Aging Team. This department is comprised of the following staff members: a Director, an Administrative Assistant (Transportation Coordinator), an Office Assistant (Administrative Volunteer Coordinator), an Outreach Coordinator, two Office Support Coordinators, nine Van Drivers, and a plethora of volunteers.
- Assess and facilitates connections to services and programs for elders who may be unserved or underserved.
- Conducts home and/or office visits independently to assist elders and their families to assess their needs and facilitate access to programs and services; maintains confidential client files.
- Provides short-term counseling and acts as a liaison between various community service providers, assists in fuel assistance, food programs and home care services.
- Interacts with the Director on a regular basis for specific case management, to share concerns, and to arrange appropriate additional services.
- Participates in multiple cross-functional groups, committees, and boards to support the elder population.
- Able to differentiate between basic client needs and those of a more serious nature. Can identify an emergency, call 911, and inform the Director.
- Responds to crises; coordinates with local agencies and safety departments to modify or alleviate crises; coordinates the small home repairs program and facilitates a caregiver support group. Monitors changes in elder client’s situation and provides follow up assistance as necessary.
- Assists clients in applying for financial support, i.e. fuel assistance, food stamps, Mass Health, and tax exemptions.
- Attends relevant seminars and training programs to maintain knowledge of elder service programs and support service delivery systems.