Title: Part Time Council on Aging Van Driver
Department: Council on Aging/Norwood Senior Center
Location: 275 Prospect Street, Norwood
Status: 15-19 hours per week
Salary: $20.00/per hour, non-benefitted, non-union
General Summary:* The Town of Norwood is seeking an experienced driver to transport senior citizens of the Town to and from appointed destinations, including medical appointments, shopping, and Senior Center activities on a part time basis during. Works under the general direction of the Director of the Council on Aging.
- Transport senior citizens to and from various destinations.
- Assists passengers in getting in and out of vehicle by opening doors and providing physical assistance to those who request or need it.
- Performs routine work of a very responsible nature requiring the exercise of considerable caution and safety when driving passengers to and from various locations.
- Makes frequent contact with elderly passengers and their families, other town departments, local human service agencies, Council on Aging staff, and other town departments.
- Schedules and coordinates all transportation requests. Plans daily route.
- Performs daily vehicle inspection noticing any problems or damage; reports needed repairs. Monitors the performance of the vehicle to catch potential problems. Maintains cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- All other duties as required by the official position description and as assigned by the Director of the Council on Aging.
Requirements:* This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and commercial transportation experience. Additional requirements are listed below:
- Possession of driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to pass driving record check.
- Ability to obtain certification in First Aid, CPR and use of Defibrillator.
- Ability to interact with senior citizens and disabled in positive and sensitive manner.
- Knowledge of Norwood streets and surrounding town helpful.
*This is a general summary and should not be considered an exhaustive list of all duties and requirements.
This position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Please reference requisition number 2021-010 on all application materials:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume OR the Town of Norwood Employment
Application to the email listed below. The application can be downloaded on the Town’s website under the Human Resources Department.
The Town of Norwood is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V and does not discriminate based on race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual preference or any other legally protected status. Posted March 15, 2021