Position Purpose: This position provides skilled administrative and office management work providing various types of support to the daily operations of the Town’s thriving Senior Center requiring tact and discretion with a flexible and cooperative energy; performs moderately complex administrative duties.
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various
types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences including public officials and the public
- Ability to learn My Senior Center Database and maintain reporting requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, determine priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment; maintain accurate and detailed records
- Computer skills that encompass effective use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, email, and internet browser software. Experience with the Google platform and Publisher Preferred. Possess a pleasant and outgoing personality
- Ability to be patient and flexible
- Exhibit high public relation skills and be sensitive to the unique needs of seniors
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of public administration policies and practices particularly related to elder affairs preferred
- Experience working with the senior population preferred.