The COA Volunteer Coordinator is a part-time, 5-10 hours/week, non-benefitted position.
The COA Volunteer Coordinator reports to the COA Director. CORI certification is required as a condition of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Director with the daily operations of the Council on Aging
- Answering phones and providing information and referrals to seniors including Community Caring Service help as well as follow up calls on services rendered
- Assisting with the daily operations of van transportation including scheduling appointments and maintaining the van schedule on the Google Calendar.
- Signing up seniors for large bus day trips, classes and programs
- Keeping instructors and participants informed of any changes
- Keeping accurate records of all COA activities and attendance for the annual report
- Responding to emails as appropriate
- Attending required trainings
- Work with the “My Senior Center” Data Base in maintaining a complete list of senior participants.
- Under the supervision of the Director, helps to enrich the overall experience for seniors who use the facility.
- Work with RSVP Volunteers to record and report hours monthly
- Work with scheduling volunteers as needed
- Help COA Director in planning, sending out invitations and fulfilling the annual Volunteer Recognition and Volunteer of the Year every June
- Accepting and recording cash for classes and trips
- Sending out Birthday cards monthly to all those residents who have reached the age of 80
- Checking the mailbox
- Any other duties as requested by the COA Director
Physical requirements: Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds and move tables and set up chairs for various programs. Work effort principally involves sitting to perform work tasks, with intermittent periods of stooping, walking and standing. The employee may occasionally be required to lift push or pull books, office equipment, and computer paper.
Interested qualified individuals are encouraged to submit a completed application and letter of interest to: Joan Linnehan, COA Director, Southampton Council on Aging, 210 College Highway, Suite 3, Southampton, MA 01073. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org