With the restoration of Service Incentive Grant (SIG) Funding by the Mass State Legislature, MCOA is incredibly excited to share that we are seeking RFPs (Requests For Proposals) from COAs for the FY24 SIG Grant Field Demonstration Projects and anticipate awarding grants totaling more than $500,000 for initiatives prioritized by our Membership and approved by EOEA in the following areas.
- Age and Dementia Friendly Capacity Building (up to $10,000 each)
- Memory Café Innovations and start-ups (up to $5,000 each)
- Nutrition Innovation and/or Expansion (up to $20,000 each)
- Senior Center Modernization (up to $25,000 each)
- Public Health Connections (up to $5,000 each)
- Development and implementation of Outreach and Marketing of your COA to older adults and caregivers (up to $10,000 each)
- Capacity-Building for Caregiver Respite Services or financial aid to enable Caregiver Respite Financial Assistance (up to $10,000 each)
- Provision of Transportation Services to support older adults in maintaining their independence (up to $25,000 each)
This RFP is being released today, September 18, 2023. All work must be completed by June 30, 2024.
Applications are due by 4 PM on Thursday, November 9, 2023, and award notifications will be made by Thursday, November 30, 2023.
You can access the full RFP here. The full RFP also contains the schedule, including Bidders’ Conference and other important instructions.