Hours: 40 (BENEFITED)
Town of Townsend, MA
JOB DESCRIPTION: COUNCIL ON AGING COA PROGRAM AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR DEFINITION
The purpose of this position is to plan, develop and administer Senior Center activities and provide social services and assistance to Townsend seniors and their caregivers. Performs other related work as required.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
• Plans, administers, and coordinates, activities to meet the diverse needs of senior citizens; finds and secures speakers/instructors for programs and classes; manages facility scheduling to accommodate programs.
• Solicits outside support for Senior Center programs via building collaborations/sponsorships with community agencies.
• Conducts assessments, coordinates and documents outreach efforts to assist seniors and their families.
• Assists seniors in applying for available resources and programs. Coordinates with agencies providing services.
• Maintains records of activities and participation, both general and confidential; receives payments, accounts for receipts, reconciles balances. Evaluates program effectiveness. Generates program statistics as needed.
• Creates monthly newsletter in Microsoft Publisher.
• Maintains Senior Center calendar via print materials, MySeniorCenter (participation), Eventkeeper (room use collaboration with the library), and Town of Townsend website.
• Prepares program spaces as necessary.
• Assists in providing access to a variety of social, health and information services; soliciting the assistance of health and human service agencies in sponsoring programs and events for senior citizens; providing direct counseling to senior citizens; assisting senior citizens in filing applications for assistance programs or information; providing current information on legislation and government programs affecting the elderly.
• Prepares and submits grant applications to external funding sources for specific program funding; administers grants received.
• Coordinates the distribution of medical equipment to seniors.
• May be required to visit senior off site.
• Performs similar or related work as required or as situation dictates.
Under general direction, employee plans and prioritizes the majority of work independently, in accordance with standard practices. Employee is expected to solve most problems of detail or unusual situations by adapting methods or interpreting instructions accordingly. Instructions for new assignments or special projects usually consist of statements of desired objectives, deadlines, and priorities. Technical and policy problems or changes in procedures are discussed with supervisor.
The Program Coordinator manages program leaders and oversees the day-to-day work of the Assistant Program Coordinator.