50+ Job Seekers Networking Groups
Join Us in September 2019!
50+ Job Seekers Regional Networking Group!
NETWORKING WORKS!! Your AGE really is your EDGE!!
16 LOCATIONS! NETWORKING WORKS!! Your AGE really is your EDGE!!
Funded by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, managed by Massachusetts Councils on Aging (MCOA) and supported by AARP, we offer a unique Job Seekers Networking & Training Group program to support and assist people in the 50+ demographic who are looking for a new job, a totally new career direction, re-entry into the workforce or a Second Act career.
Can you check off one or more of these boxes? We Want to Help YOU!:
- Stuck in your Job Search?
- Not Sure What to Do Next?
- Feeling Challenged by Ageism?
- Need Help with your Resume?
- Don’t Know How to Use LinkedIn?
- Uncomfortable with Networking?
- Perplexed by how to use Social Media?
We offer our program biweekly at 16 Host Sites. Find a Meeting Near YOU!!
- AUBURN: 2nd & 4th Fridays: 9:30am-11:30am; START DATE: September 13th
Location: Auburn Library, 369 Southbridge St; Phone: 508-832-7790
- BEDFORD: 1st & 3rd Wednesdays: 9am – 11am; START DATE: September 18th
Location: Council on Aging: 12 Mudge Way; Phone: 781-275-6825
- BELMONT: 1st & 3rd Tuesdays: 1:30pm-3:30pm; START DATE: September 17th
Location: Council on Aging, 266 Beech St.; 617-993-2983
- BURLINGTON: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays: 9:30am – 11:30am; START DATE: September 10th
Location: Human Services Bldg/COA: 61 Center St (1st Floor); Phone: 781-270-1950
- DANVERS: 2nd & 4th Wednesdays: 9:30am-11:30am; START DATE: September 11th
Location: Council on Aging, 25 Stone St.; Phone: 978-762-0208
- FRANKLIN: 2nd & 4th Fridays: 9am-11am; START DATE: October 11th
Location: Franklin Senior Center, 10 Daniel McCahill St.; Phone: 508-520-4945
- HOPKINTON: 1st & 3rd Mondays: 1:30-3:30pm; START DATE: September 16th
Location: Hopkinton Senior Center, 28 Mayhew St.; Phone:508-497-9730
- IPSWICH: 2nd & 4th Mondays: 4:30pm-6:30pm; START DATE: September 9th
Location: Council on Aging, 25 Green St.; Phone: 978-356-6650
- MARSHFIELD : 1st & 3rd Thursdays: 9:30am– 11:30am; START DATE: September 5th
Location: Council on Aging: 230 Webster St: Phone: 781-834-5581
- NATICK: 1st & 3rd Wednesdays: 2:30pm– 4:30pm; START DATE: September 18th
Location: Community Senior Center, 117 East Central St. : Phone: 508-647-6540
- NEWTON: 1st & 3rd Thursdays: 6:00pm-8:00pm; START DATE: September 19th
Location: Dept. of Senior Services, 345 Walnut St.: Phone: 617-796-1665
- NORTH ANDOVER: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays: 4:30pm-6:30pm; START DATE: September 10th
Location: North Andover Senior Center, 120R Main St.: Phone: 978-688-9560
- NORTHAMPTON: 4th Tuesday: 3:30pm – 5:30pm: START DATE: September 24th
Location: Northampton Senior Center, 67 Conz St.: Phone: 413-587-1228
- SCITUATE: 2nd & 4th Wednesday: 10:30am – 12:30pm; START DATE: September 11th
Location: Scituate Town Library, 85 Branch St., Phone:781-545-8722
- WESTPORT: 2nd & 4th Wednesdays: 2:30pm-4:30pm; START DATE: September 11th
Location: Westport Council on Aging, 75 Reed Rd., Phone:508-636-1026
- WORCESTER: 2nd & 4th Wednesdays: 9:30am-11:30am: START DATE: September 11th
Location: Council on Aging, 128 Providence St.; 508-799-1232
If you are unemployed and actively looking, underemployed, seeking for a new career direction, re-entering the job market after a long employment gap, recently retired and looking for your “Encore Career”, this networking group program is PERFECT for YOU!!!
DID YOU KNOW: 85% of all jobs are found through NETWORKING!!! REALLY!!
All Meetings in All Locations are OPEN to Anyone participating in the program. Join us in a professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition.
Each biweekly meeting is facilitated by an Experienced Career Coach and features a new topic! Meetings include a presentation and hands-on workshop on topics relevant to career transition /job search, guest speakers, access to hiring managers, ample opportunity to network, and 1-1 coaching guidance. Participating on a regular basis will give job seekers the many tools and strategies needed for a successful job search. And we have many success stories!
For Program Information, please feel free to contact:
Susan Drevitch Kelly, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-378-0520.
Visit our web page at www.mcoaonline.com/50plus for information on upcoming guest speakers, career fairs and meeting schedules.
Like our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/mcoa50plus
Join our LinkedIn Group at www.linkedin.com/groups/8467280.