August 17, 2020 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
COVID19 has upended how COAs deliver programs and services. There have been many questions raised about liability in this new environment. This training, led by two attorneys whose practice expertise is municipal law, will provide an opportunity to learn about liability in the municipal government environment. The presentation topics will include:
- Massachusetts Torts Claim Act, G.L. c. 258 – discussion of general tort liability and defenses afforded municipal employees.
- Updated information about current legislation related to Qualified Immunity
- Waivers/Releases from liability – discussion will focus on waivers/releases specific to COVID-19.
- Insurance Coverage
- Independent Contractors and Volunteers
- Potential liability issues unique to COVID-19 pandemic
Use of material from other sources/attribution to those sources
Trainers: Deborah I. Ecker, Esq. and Janelle M. Austin, Esq.- KP Law, Boston