SNAP Resources updated 1/13/23 pdf version
1. Average SNAP awards by city/town (age 60, single, living alone) – Dec22 (average SNAP awards and Emergency Allotment data) [Year-over-year data (Excel) to be updated]
2. MCOA DTA training – SNAP emergency allotments (2/7/23) presentation slides, self declaration medical expense, outreach partner flyer, fax cover sheet, consent to release information, 2023 Income Guidelines
3. EOEA DTA training – SNAP emergency allotments (2/1/23) slides Informational Webinar for Aging Services Newtork – End of SNAP Extra 1.31.2023.
4. See the updated website Mass.gov/ExtraCOVIDSNAP for more details on maximizing your benefits.
5. SNAP medical deductions checklist helps maximize your benefits.
6. SNAP Max Purchase Power – Want to see how much the maximum SNAP award can buy? Download the flyer here.
Nutrition News You Can Use – Organized by month, MCOA’s Simmons University nutrition intern, Suzanne Reasenberg, provides summaries of nutrients, disease prevention methods and health observances. COAs are welcome to copy and paste all or parts of the information provided. This includes the color photos (and credits) available at the end of each article. Shorten the copy to fit in your newsletter, social media, etc. Use them sporadically or for a year-long series.
Cooking as Self-Care – Looking for cooking demo/nutrition ed session? Share or show these videos in your center. Encourage your local community access channel to schedule the Cooking as Self Care (CASC) segments. Each is less than 30 minutes long and can be downloaded from Massachusetts Media eXchange (MMX). MMX is a video sharing platform hosted by MassAccess for the use of community media stations across the Commonwealth. For more information, visit https://www.massaccess.org/mmx/
|January||One Pot, One Pan||video, recipe handout, MA-Grown Produce Availability Calendar|
||Bowl O’Goodness||video, recipe handout, African Heritage Diet food list, African Heritage Diet brochure, Bowl Template, MA-Grown Produce Availability Calendar|
||Fads & Myths||video, recipe handout, MA-Grown Produce Availability Calendar|
|April||Diversity Eats||video, recipe handout, Blue Zones meal planner, Food Safety and Eating Out, Global Foods for a Healthy Plate|
||Eat for Better Sleep|
|June||Stuck in a Meal Rut|
||Nutrient Nitty Gritty|
|October||Cooking for One|
|MCOA 2020 Fall Conference – Cooking as Self Care recipe|
Keep Food Safe this Summer Toolkit May-June (social media posts)
NCOA’s Healthy Aging Evidence-Based Programs
Grandfamilies/Kinship Families Federal Nutrition Fact Sheet
Nutrition Community Checklist Self-Assessment
Considerations for Senior Nutrition Programs, Signage & Communication Resources, Resources List.
Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025 (Chapter 6 Older Adults, p.121)
Stepping up Your Nutrition (SUYN) – Free training for councils on aging!
This is a 30-minute, self-paced, online leader training. It provides resources to conduct nutrition-based falls reduction workshops and malnutrition information and tools. After completing the online training, SUYN Leaders can deliver the interactive workshop virtually or in person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the training link.
Massachusetts Commission on Malnutrition Prevention Among Older Adults annual reports: 2020, 2019, 2018
Defeat Malnutrition Today (DMT)