Last year, MCOA organized several opportunities to explore unconscious bias. The trainings were popular and, in response to continued demand, we are offering additional opportunities. In 2023, we hope you’ll join the MCOA and accelerate your Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) journey through the exploration of UNCONSCIOUS BIAS. In this highly interactive three-part series that will explore:
- The language of DEI
- The social justice and business cases for greater inclusivity
- How unconscious bias (aka implicit bias) forms
- How our brain make reflexive decisions, resulting in stereotypes microaggressions
- How our own identity impacts our world view and behaviors
- How the privileges we each hold can create blind spots making it tough for us to understand the needs of another
- Options for overcoming unconscious bias in order to evolve into more inclusive and equitable workplaces and senior centers.
Register here: https://fs16.formsite.com/mcoa/2qekr4yctn/index.html
Will be held on Zoom.