Call for Proposals
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal to present at the 2019 Fall Conference taking place October 2-4, 2019 in Danvers, MA.
Where Will the 2019 Fall Conference Take Place?
The Fall Conference will be at the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore in Danvers, MA.
Presenting at MCOA’s Fall Conference provides you with a unique opportunity to share new ideas or highlight noteworthy projects, research, and practices with other professionals in the field of aging.
Who Presents at the Fall Conference?
MCOA is seeking program presenters who can provide workshop and training opportunities to help build capacity within Councils on Aging (COAs) and Senior Centers. We plan to offer 80+ workshops over the three-day period. Attendees include COA and Senior Center directors, staff and board members, government employees, elected officials, community-based providers and others. We attract over well over 600 people total among paid attendees, vendors and presenters.
Workshops Considered (but not limited to the following areas):
- Aging in Community and Innovative programs: Age-Friendly, Community based services, Transportation and Mobility, Rural Aging. Housing, Intergenerational programs
- Best Practices: Program advances to promote senior centers as welcoming places for all, reduce social isolation,
- Caregiving: Family Caregiving, Memory Cafes, Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia, Long Term Care, Home Care Services
- Cutting-Edge Gerontological Research: Chronic Disease Prevention, Fall Prevention, Hearing and Vision Loss, Oral Health
- Developing Advocacy Initiatives: Partnerships, Campaign to Reverse Ageism,
- How to Succeed as a Municipal Employee: Understanding Open Meeting Laws, Ethics Law, Team Building with Department Heads, Finding a Mentor, Dealing with Difficult Personalities
- Law and Aging: Estate Planning, Conservators and Guardianships; Trusts, Wills, Scams, Elder Abuse,
- Lifelong Learning and Engagement: Brain Fitness, Volunteerism, Positive Aging
- Marketing and Public Relations Skills: Collaborations and outreach best practices,
- Mental Health: Substance Abuse, Suicide, Loneliness and Isolation
- Nutrition and Health: SNAP, Malnutrition Prevention
- Reaching Underserved Populations: Multicultural Aging, LBGTQ Aging and Community, Diversity and Inclusion, related subjects
- Religion, Spirituality and Meaning: Death and Dying, Collaborations with Faith-Based Agencies
- Successful Management and Leadership Skills: Human Resources, Effective Communications, Budgeting, Staff Development, Planning, Evaluation
- Technology and Innovation: Social Media, TeleHealth, APPS, related topics
- Trends in Aging and Senior Centers: Advances in services, programs, health promotions, skills or perspective
Can I Request a Presentation Date/Time?
Yes, you may request a presentation date and time on the workshop proposal application. Given the complexity of conference scheduling, we cannot promise that every specific presentation schedule request can be met. We will certainly make every effort to accommodate the requests we receive.
Please submit your workshop proposal to MCOA by Saturday, May 18, 2019.
February 2019 Call for Proposals Opens
May 2019 Deadline to Submit Proposals
June 2019 Notice sent to accepted presenters
July 2019 Registration opens
August 15, 2019 Deadline to receive early rate
September 1, 2019 Deadline for advertisements in program
September 15, 2019 Regular rate registration deadline
October 2-4, 2019 Fall Conference