Director/Assistant Director Certification represents a significant overhaul of the existing process. The new certification will be comprised of the following components:
- Senior Center Profile
- Mission Statement
- Vision Statement
- Organizational Values
- Strategic Plan
- Community Connection list
- Marketing Plan
- Administrative Information including resume/job description/organizational chart
- List of Programs
- Evaluation Plan
- Fiscal Information
The intent is provide applicant training, technical assistance and templates wherever possible.
The new Director /Asst. Director certification will address the lack of certification options for the Assistant Director.
Achieving certification will strengthen the applicant’s COA as a number of the required submittals will help to develop an organizational roadmap.
Successful applicants will be able to use their materials as a starting point for NISC accreditation.
- June, 2018 – Release of pilot
- September 30, 2018 – Submit letter of intent
- October, 2018 – Informational meeting at MCOA conference
- November, 2018 – Acceptance into pilot
- January, 2020 – Submission of portfolio
Staff Certification will remain unchanged and applications will be accepted by September 1, 2018 with portfolios due on or before April 30, 2019.
Below are the CEC Forms for recertification: