AARP 12 minute HomeFit video
Watch this helpful video to get tips how to design or modify your home as safe as possible and age independently https://states.aarp.org/massachusetts/watch-a-homefit-video-from-home
If you would like to request a volunteer speaker to provide a free presentation on various topics in your community, click on the link and fill out the speaker request form. www.aarp.org/maspeaker
Click on the brochure on affordable ways to make your home comfortable, safe and a great fit
Become and Older and Wiser Driver with AAA Northeast
Led by AAA Northeast Public Affairs StaffGet some helpful advice and brush up on your driving skills by attending a free online workshop with an AAA Northeast traffic safety expert!
We can cover a wide variety of traffic safety and driving-related topics relevant to seniors, including:
- Brushing up on your driving skills
- AAA’s Driver Improvement Program course
- Safety tips for older drivers
- Pedestrian safety (now more important than ever!)
- New car technology and safety systems (how they work, how to control them, what all those acronyms mean!)
- Tips to stay safe and calm on the road, handling road rage, etc.
- How to use ride sharing apps like Uber and Lyft
- Car care during the pandemic
We can also coordinate 1-on-1 Facetime calls for a “virtual CarFit” to help a senior make small adjustments inside their vehicle to improve safety and comfort. Things can be checked such as the positioning of rear and side mirrors, seat belt height, and so on.
Programs can be delivered via Zoom or AAA-hosted livestreams.
For more information, email email@example.com or call Mark Schieldrop at 401-515-3660.